Optim offers an 8-week introduction to “Mindfulness at Work” program that is centred upon daily practice. The course involves:
- 4 x 1.5-hour group sessions over an 8-week period which will be a blend of relevant theory and research, group discussions and individual meditation practice.
- Comprehensive support materials rich with relevant information, weekly homework and practical interventions and activities.
- Exposure to and practice with evidence-based activities.
- Free access to a mindfulness app to support individuals in their ongoing practice.
- The ability to be more fully present in everyday experiences.
- A much deeper level of awareness into self and others.
- Greater insights into thoughts and emotions and their relationship to work performance.
- Improved focus, engagement and decision making.
- The skills to consciously choose a response to situations rather than reacting.
- A clearer commitment to more authentic relationships.
- Strategies to find calm and clarity during potentially challenging times.
- Greater levels of self-acceptance and compassion.
Who is it suitable for?
Everyone can stand to benefit from developing greater awareness and equanimity through a regular mindfulness practice. Specifically, this program will be relevant for individuals who are looking to:
- Find and maintain focus in today’s modern world.
- Experience more joy and appreciation of daily life.
- Bring a more measured and deliberate approach to decision making.
- Learn how to effectively deal with stress, ambiguity and change.
- Better regulate emotions to work through times of difficulty.